EWS2, EWS3, CAS emulator
Really we finished this project about 1 year ago
but didn’t released it for masses. Now we do this!
Emulator will work on ALL BMW cars up to MY’2006 100%,
later cars with EWS4 or CAS3+ will work only if ews4 mode is not active.
Most likely it will work on some LAND ROVER/RANGE ROVER
cars with BMW engines, but we didn’t performed any tests here.
Some special cases where EWS is not necessary:
- various engine swapping situations when new
type engine is installed on old car without any EWS onboard,
- Test ECU for garage technician to locate problems more quickly.
4 wires (EWS line, K-line for diagnostics and configuration,
“15” Ignition ON, GND. Original EWS must be removed. EWS line
must be free - disconnected from CAS or EWS.
Cut or pull out pin from ecu connector.
- Launch configurator, write ISN, select mode and write these
data into emulator by pressing buttom WRITE.
It is possible to read back ISN and mode from emulator
at any time.
- Set emulator for alignment,
- Set ECU for new start value.
- Steps 2 and 3 are necessary only when EWS3 mode is used.
In case of EWS2 car is ready to start immediately after writing
correct ISN and EWS2 mode into emulator.
Alignment in case of EWS can be done with INPA too, no problems here.